LIHA has a highly effective Hebrew Language program. As early as our pre-school program students are exposed to Hebrew Language in a variety of ways.
• They see words posted on the walls in the classroom
• They hear their teachers using Hebrew words and phrases
• They hear stories in Hebrew
• They sing in Hebrew and play games in Hebrew
• They also participate in Hebrew immersion activities with our Hebrew Language specialist
Our program is designed to develop a love and fluency in Hebrew communication, reading and writing. Hebrew is taught in groups appropriate to their level of experience and knowledge.
As the students grow older they begin their formal study of classical Jewish texts in which the language of instruction is Hebrew, alongside their continuing education of Hebrew grammar, reading, vocabulary, and communication. In addition Hebrew is the language of informal communication within the school throughout much of the school day.